How many polka dot dresses does one girl need? Well, if you are me, about a million! Before Christmas I started a new mid-1790s white gown. My old one is covered in brown stains, the casualty of a leak in my costume closet (but thankfully one of the few casualties), so it was time for a new one! This time I picked a spotted cotton from the stash that I had originally earmarked for a summer bustle gown. The fabric has raised dots but I choose to use the back side for a more subtle look.
Now that the holiday madness is over, I can get back to talking about sewing! Earlier this month I finished another pair of 18th century mitts, this time made with cream silk satin and decorated with light pink embroidery.
Here are some construction details and more pictures!
Here are some individual pictures of the underskirt for my cream spotty outfit, complete with cat!
I haven’t posted the progress here, but my cream spotty outfit is nearly finished!
I'm century hopping again! A couple of weeks ago I got the urge to make a pair of 18th century mitts. I've always wanted a pair, but have been slightly intimidated by them for some reason. However, I have a winter 18th century event coming up so it seemed like the perfect time to face my mitt fears. I want to stay warm!
Ok, let’s talk Victorian Naturalist jewelry. I have a few pieces I've collected over the past year which will work perfectly for my outfit.