Making the Rose Francaise, Part 4
Moving on to the petticoat and stomacher...

Posted: 1/31/2012 7:00:02 PM by Aubry | with 0 comments


Making the Rose Francaise, Part 3
Next up we have sleeves!

Posted: 1/26/2012 4:06:46 PM by Aubry | with 0 comments


Making the Rose Francaise, Part 2
Continuing with the rose francaise construction notes, here is how I draped the front and attached the skirts.

Posted: 1/23/2012 3:47:00 PM by Aubry | with 0 comments


Making the Rose Francaise, Part 1
I thought I would share some detailed construction pictures and notes of how I made my rose francaise. It’s not a tutorial, per se, but keeping a record will help me remember what I did next time I make this style.

Posted: 1/22/2012 3:36:34 PM by Aubry | with 0 comments


More New Costume Pages
I'm on a roll! I added four more costumes to my portfolio page:

Posted: 1/16/2012 4:14:35 PM by Aubry | with 0 comments


New Costume In the Portfolio - Williamsburg Wavy Print Outfit
I added another page to my portfolio. Check out my 1780s print jacket and petticoat!

Posted: 1/15/2012 4:08:55 PM by Aubry | with 0 comments


Rose Française - Plans and Inspiration
My first project of 2012 is a new Robe a la Française made from some gorgeous rose silk taffeta. I’m attending an 18th century dinner at the beginning of February, and while I have a perfectly good Française already, I couldn’t resist the urge to make a new one. It’s been three years since I made the aqua Française and I’ve worn it at least half a dozen times so I don’t feel that guilty.

Posted: 1/1/2012 6:50:56 PM by Aubry | with 0 comments


Instagram

Pinterest


Syndication

RSS