A Sheer Black Mantle

August 14, 2018 - comments
With the mad summer rush of the Jane Austen Festival and Costume College over, I finally have time to share some of the projects I’ve been working on this year. The first, however, is a project I started in 2015 but for various reasons didn’t actually wear until last month! Read more...

Filed under: 1780s, 1790s

A late 1780s/Early 1790s Oversized Muff (Plus a Mini American Duchess Book Review)

June 14, 2018 - comments
June seems like the perfect time to tell you all about my latest winter accessory, right? When I made my fur trim satin mantle this past winter, I also made a matching oversized faux fur muff.  Read more...

Filed under: 1780s, 1790s

1790 Cream Satin Mantle

March 23, 2018 - comments
My first completed project of 2018 is a cream satin late 1780s/early 1790s faux fur-trimmed mantle and matching muff. You’d think by now I’d have enough  18th century capes and cloaks, but there is so much variety in the accessories of the last quarter of the century, and I want to make them all! Read more...

Filed under: 1780s, 1790s

A Holiday Trip to Williamsburg

January 9, 2018 - comments
I’ve always wanted to visit Colonial Williamsburg in December. All the lovely holiday decorations around town look so festive and cheerful – a perfect antidote to winter blahs. Serendipitously, a group of us all had thoughts to visit this winter and we were able to spend a long weekend together relaxing, eating, and enjoying the sights. Read more...

Filed under: 1790s, events

1790-92 Blue Figured Jacket and Petticoat

December 19, 2017 - comments
This jacket started its life in the Burnley & Trowbridge workshop I attended last year. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I had a hard time conceptualizing the design for my jacket on the fly, and while I liked the finished jacket, I didn’t love it. It didn’t match the image in by brain, even if I couldn’t quite articulate what that image was. So I let it sit half-finished for a couple of months before I attempted to rework the jacket using the existing base. I managed to get something a little closer to the picture in my mind; still it wasn’t quite right. Back to the UFO pile, where it marinated for a good 6 months before I was ready to tackle it again.
Read more...

Filed under: 1790s
Displaying results 1-5 (of 38)
 |<  < 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8  >  >| 

Instagram

Pinterest


Syndication

RSS