My Blog » Making the Rose Francaise, Part 5

Making the Rose Francaise, Part 5

Now for the final installment of my rose francaise construction posts.


I wore this gown last weekend but didn’t get any solo shots of myself so I put the dress on my new form to take some better pictures.

 







The dress is trimmed with a 2.5 inch strip of scalloped-pinked taffeta along the robings and front skirt edges. I also added a 5 inch piece trim in wave pattern on the skirt, starting at the waist and angling out towards the hem. All the trim was gathered by hand using whip-gathers and stitched down with a running stitch.
 

 

 

 

The final touch was a set of lace sleeve ruffles. I found a beautiful piece of vintage embroidered net online, but it was only 4 inches wide. To lengthen the inner ruffle, I whipped stitched the lace to some silk tulle and hid the join under the top ruffle. The ruffles were then gathered and the raw edges encased in a band of cotton lawn. The ruffles were basted into the sleeves using a running stitch.
 

 


Posted: 2/10/2012 7:06:33 PM by Aubry | with comments
 
blog comments powered by Disqus

Project Details

Rose Francaise

Instagram

Pinterest


Syndication

RSS