I haven’t posted the progress here, but my cream spotty outfit is nearly finished!
The underskirt needs a ruffle or two and the bodice needs buttons and buttonholes. I probably won’t wear this until Costume College next August, so I’m going to wait to add the buttonholes until closer to the event. My weight can fluctuate and I don’t want to do something so permanent until I’m sure I will wear the outfit.
First I will share a few pictures of the outfit as a whole, and then I will break down the individual pieces with construction details in another couple of posts.
Like my original inspiration, I used bows and piping as trimming, as well as gathered strips of cream taffeta, vintage lace, and navy velvet ribbon. I also made a seprate belted peplum in addtion to the bodice. The nice thing about this outfit is I can wear it with or without the overskirt, giving me a different look with no extra work. I’m a big fan of making a wardrobe that can mix and match.
Posted: 12/9/2011 5:25:18 PM
| with comments